Things that have happened since my last journal:
- 2014 October: Adopted a wonderful brown tabby and named her Harley Quinn. She's about 7 months old now.
- 2014 December: Started teaching knitting classes through Hack Manhattan!, one of the local hackerspaces (and I'm now even a member).
- 2015 January: Attended Vogue Knitting Live NYC 2015 with my mom. It was a lot of fun and I learned a some cool new things (fair isle/stranded knitting and double knitting, for example).
- 2015 April, first half: Visited California for the first time in about 2.5 years. I was able to show my husband where I grew up and introduce him to most of the rest of my family.
- 20 April 2015: My last day of work. I'm currently unemployed.
I'm not seeing unemployment as a bad thing. I really loved the people I worked with, but I was not a fan of what was going on with the company. I'm taking this time to relax, learn some new skills, and find a fun new place to work.
I'm looking forward to the coming year.